This course mainly revolves around the cutting-edge Storage technologies of UNIX and Storage. This training programme provides a comprehensive introduction to Storage Administration in EMC Symmetrix Product line technologies that will enable you to make more informed decisions in an increasingly complex IT environment. It builds a strong understanding of underlying storage technologies and prepares you to learn advanced concepts, technologies, and products.
Course Code : RRS7 Category : Storage
Hardware : EMC Symmetrix DMX 1000, 800Series, Brocade Silkworm 3800, 3250, AP7420, and Sun Server FireV240. V120, Sun Blade 100 Workstations & Sun Solaris 10 OS.
This course is intended for system administrators, system engineers and technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for strong understanding of Storage Technologies.
Technical Understanding of Network Concepts, UNIX, RAID etc
- Symmetrix Inside - Logical view
- FA, DA and Cache
- EMC physical disk and Symmetrix device (logical volume
- Read Hit/Miss, Write Hit/Miss
- EMC Symmetrix Solution Enabler
- Symmetrix/DMX Configuration Manager
- Host HBA installation and configuration
- Solution Enabler to explore Symmetrix internals
- How many FA, DA and cache & how many physical disks installed, why?
- How the logical volumes are formed from physical disks?
- How are the logical volumes mapped to FAs?
- How I/O are performed in Storage Arrays
- Configuration Management Fundamentals
- Creating and Deleting of Hyper Volumes
- Mapping and Unmapping of Devices
- Managing Meta Devices
- Symmetrix DMX Series Director Pairing
- SRDF R1/R2 Volumes
- Configuration Manager with SRDF
- Symmetrix Command Line Interface
Time Finder configuration and Management
- Symmetrix TimeFinder
- TimeFinder Mirror/BCV
- Zoning and LunMasking to assign STD to production host
- Symconfigure to make BCV and map BCV to FA
- BCV operations (Query/Establish/split)
- Zoning and LunMasking to assign BCV to host
- Split BCV and STD
- Mount STD and BCV using Lun-masking
- SRDF restore from R2 to R1