This course mainly revolves around the cutting-edge SAN & Storage technologies of UNIX, SAN, and Storage. This training programme provides a comprehensive introduction to SAN, Brocade Switches & Storage Administration in EMC Symmetrix Product line technologies that will enable you to make more informed decisions in an increasingly complex IT environment. It builds a strong understanding of underlying storage technologies and prepares you to learn advanced concepts, technologies, and products.
Course Code: RRS3; Category: Storage;
Hardware: EMC Symmetrix DMX 1000, 800Series, Brocade Silkworm 3800, 3250, AP7420, and Sun Server FireV240. V120, Sun Blade 100 Workstations & Sun Solaris 10 OS.
This course is intended for system administrators, system engineers and technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for strong understanding of Storage Technologies.
Technical Understanding of Network Concepts, UNIX, RAID etc
- Introduction to Storage
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Traditional JBOD
- What is a RAID
- RAID Controllers
- Storage Subsystems
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- Data Movers
- What is RTO
- What is RPO
Fiber Channels Brocade FC 100
- Why Fibre Channel?
- FC Theory fundamentals & Introduction.
- FC Layers & Related Components.
- FC Topologies, Terminology & Addressing.
- Expected FC Behavior.
- FC Theory fundamentals summary.
Brocade Switches & Management
- Introduction to Hardware & Software Products.
Installation and Setup.
- Installation of new switches.
- Firmware downloads & Configuration Uploads
- User Accounts and Password Behaviors.
- Fabric-wide Settings vs. Local Switch Settings
- Core PID & Fabric OS Commands.
- Advantages of Zoning.
- Zoning Types
- Soft Zoning
- Hard Zoning
- Mixed Zoning
- Fabric Designs
- FSPF Fabric Shortest Path First.
- Symmetrix Inside - Logical view
- FA, DA and Cache
- EMC physical disk and Symmetrix device (logical volume)
- Read Hit/Miss, Write Hit/Miss
- EMC Symmetrix Solution Enabler
- Symmetrix/DMX Configuration Manager
- Host HBA installation and configuration
- Solution Enabler to explore Symmetrix internals.
- How many FA, DA and cache & how many physical disks installed, why?
- How the logical volumes are formed from physical disks?
- How are the logical volumes mapped to FAs?
- How I/O are performed in Storage Arrays
- Configuration Management Fundamentals
- Creating and Deleting of Hyper Volumes
- Mapping and Unmapping of Devices
- Managing Meta Devices
- Symmetrix DMX Series Director Pairing
- SRDF R1/R2 Volumes
- Configuration Manager with SRDF
- Symmetrix Command Line Interface
Time Finder configuration and Management
- Symmetrix TimeFinder
- TimeFinder Mirror/BCV
- Zoning and LunMasking to assign STD to production host
- Symconfigure to make BCV and map BCV to FA
- BCV operations (Query/Establish/split)
- Zoning and LunMasking to assign BCV to host
- Split BCV and STD
- Mount STD and BCV using Lun-masking
- Consistent split
SRDF configuration and Management
- Symmetrix TimeFinder Review
- Symmetrix SRDF
- SRDF operations
- Symmetrix SRDF failover and failback
- Symconfigure to make R1/R2 and map R2 to FA
- RDF operations (Establish/split)
- Mount STD and Failover to DR
- Zoning and LunMasking to Mount R2 on DR hosts
- Modify R2 and Failback to R1 site
- SRDF restore from R2 to R1