In this course, participants will acquire the skills needed to be effective administrators on IBM Power Systems, provides attendees learn to install, customizes, and administers the AIX operating system in a multi-user environment using System power server that supports Logical Partitioning (LPAR),pSeries systems that support Logical Partitioning (LPAR).
Course Code : RR02 Category : UNIX Hardware: IBM P5, P6 Series
Anyone responsible for the system administrative duties implementing and managing an AIX operating system on a System p server.
Technical Understanding of Network Concepts, UNIX, RAID etc.
IBM AIX Administration
- Introduction to System Administration
- Introduction to IBM server hardware
- AIX Operating System Installation
- Installation using HMC and NIM server
- System Management Interface Tool (SMIT)
- Software Installation and Maintenance
- System Startup and Shutdown
- Device Management
- User ManagementÂ Users, Groups and Security
- Logical Volume Manager
- File Systems and Paging Space
- Backup and Restore
- SchedulingÂ cron, at and batch
- Boot Process and System Initialization
- Object Data Manager
- Error Log and Diagnostics
- Performance and Workload Management