EMC Data domain Administration training programme provides attendees hands on practice to configure EMC Avamar in backup and recovery environments to reduce storage, network, and other backup resource requirements. The participants will obtain the excellence to undertake the challenges of working in avamar environment. Benefits any storage professional who deploys and manages data deduplication.
Course Code : RRB3 Category : Backup
Hardware: VMware ESX4.1, Sun Servers, Sun Solaris 10
This course is intended for Backup Administrator and Implementers who will be responsible for implementing Backup solutions.
Working knowledge of Internet Browsers, Basic understanding of Client Server concepts, Technical Understanding of Network Concepts, UNIX & Windows Platforms etc.
EMC Avamar Administration
- Avamar Introduction & fundamentals
- Describe the Avamar advantage over traditional backup systems
- Define Avamar terminology
- Describe Avamar system components and processes
- Describe the Avamar deduplication backup process
- Install Avamar Administrator and Client software
- Create a group policy
- Run on-demand backups from the Avamar Administrator and Avamar Client interfaces
- Restore files using Avamar Administrator and client interfaces
- Describe the types of Avamar replication and configure Avamar standard replication
- Configure and use Avamar Activation Manager and Desktop/Laptop interfaces
- Describe Avamar server daily maintenance activities:
- HFS checks
- garbage collection
- Use Avamar tools to perform
- System monitoring
- Capacity management Troubleshooting